I started with the quarter circle skirt, did want a half circle but didn't actually have enough fabric! Once I had made the skirt I started to think about the bodice and just made a generic bodice from my blocks and though when I had that sewn together and on the mannequin it would make it easier to see what kind of bodice I wanted.
I then made some simple short sleeves and sewed them onto the bodice too. I started to manipulate the bodice by chopping off the sleeves to make them shorter and so more like cap sleeves, then I proceeded to cut down into the neckline giving it a more desirable neck shape. I made it into a sweetheart neckline and a small scoop at the back of the bodice. Pleased with my design I started to sew the bodice and the skirt together, and because the fabric was a stretch Jersey there were no need for buttons or zips, simply put it over your head!