Saturday 8 October 2011

Mint Green Halterneck Dress

I struggled a bit with this dress as I couldn't find the right pattern in my book for it so instead I decided to find one on the Internet. I found the top half of the halterneck and started to make this, however half way through I realised this was not going to turn out right as it was just too complicated and I didn't really know what I was doing with it! So I had to go back to the drawing board....the Internet!! Finally I found another pattern I could use for my pattern drafting and went from there. It was a bit of a challenge and looking at the fabric I had just cut out I saw that I needed to gather the bust part of it and unfortunately I couldn't fill it out with my own bust :(

Once I had nailed the bodice of the dress I figured I'd need to put it a waistband to attach the bodice and the skirt together. I just made up a width for the waistband and made sure it was the same all the way around. Luckily it seemed to work itself out and so i just finished it by putting a white zip at the back! I was determined to have it finished by the Friday of that week because my boyfriend had an amazing 1 year anniversary surprise for me and so I wanted to look the part :)

In detail

Just in my living room

Same as above

No comments:

Post a Comment