Sunday 11 September 2011

50s Gingham Tie Shirt

I had a lot of fun making this shirt it was quite simple and again I used gingham but this time baby blue as I thought this was kitch and very 50s. I used the classic shirt pattern to draft and then just cut this off at the waist and extended the front part of the shirt down to the hips curving this into the buttons stand to create the tie. i used a traditional shirt collar which I found simple to make once I understood how to do so. I got inspiration from these shirts in fashion at the moment so went round High Street shops to look at the garments and understand the finishing to them. I finished by adding again, a little lace trim around the collar to add a bit of something special. I apologise for the photos by this was just a quick photo I did when I happened to be going out wearing this. 



Front View Outside my Flat


A Bit of a Side View


In Detail

Comments appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment