Sunday 11 September 2011

Another post......Finally! First Dresses

Hi guys, sorry I haven't posted in ages but my laptop got stolen so all my photos i had to retrieve from my camera so they aren't as good as I would like!

Anyways I have been a very busy bunny and have made manya things. the first I am going to show you is a summer dress, made from my block patterns again. it's baby pink fabric with small darker pink flowers, all very kitch! I always get my fabric from fabric land as it's pretty cheap and I'm on a low budget right now! They also do a variety of different fabric patterns so it's useful to make your collection look very different.

I couldn't find a pattern for drafting these type of dress so decided to be inventive and use an underwear pattern with vertical seams and then just gathered the skirt and put it on the bottom. I unfortantley forgot that there weren't any openings on the bodice left for a zip, luckily i had left lots of extra fabric as this was one of my first dresses and so I could squeeze it into the back. I then finally hemmed it all and added thin straps at the top of the bodice. I pretty pleased with it and love how kitch the fabric is! This was actually the second dress I made so the first one will follow this post! Pictures below:


  Front View


Back View


Detail of Summer Dress


All comments appreciated, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment