Sunday 11 September 2011

Classic Blouse and Pencil Skirt

I drafted both of these patterns from my pattern drafting book and so I had a lot if guidance there.

 As this was the first time I had made a blouse and used a voile material to do so I found this very challenging, the material slipped about everywhere and bunched up as I was sewing. I had to put the make a new yoke as the first one wasn't big enough and attaching this onto the gathered back was pretty tricky. I also messed up the sleeves as I used a different sleeve pattern from the one suggested and got pretty confused!

I am not that sure about the final result but you always learn from your mistakes so when I come to make another blouse I'm going to take on board all my challenges and difficulties and try to improve my next blouse taking these all on. I am also going to try and find a little vest top of the same kind of colour to go underneath as I think with my skin tone the bright blue is too much to be seen with just a bra.

The skirt was a lot simpler as I used a suiting type of material and so was easier to machine sew. I actually got the skirt pattern from a website I found that just happened to have instructions on how to draft a pencil skirt as again I couldn't find one in in my book. I used these instructions, made my patterns and found it all very simple to construct, I used a concealed zip at the back of the skirt which works very well. I also think that it is a very flattering skirt and I feel great in it! Below are the pictures:


Found a pretty cool alleyway in the lanes and so used this for a photo opportunity



Up against the wall of Dolly Dagger


Detail of Blouse in Alleyway


Detail of Back of Blouse against Dolly Dagger

    
Detail of of both garments with a cool looking over the shoulder pose.

Any comments welcome....

No comments:

Post a Comment