Sunday 11 September 2011

Actual First Dress

This dress was made very simply from the shift pattern in my book named winifred Aldridge 'Metric Patterns for Women's Wear' 5th Ed. I try to use this book as much as I can and use it as a guideline when I can't find the patterns I am looking for.

Not actually a lot to say about this dress I thought I would use an interesting anchor and stripe material I found as it was a bit different and thought it would stand out. For some werid reasons I found this pattern quite hard to draft but I think that's just because this was the first proper dress I had made from pattern drafting and so it was a bit hard to get my head around but now seems pretty easy now I think about it. I suppose it's just one of those things you have to get used to then it clicks and it all becomes clear! I think this dress worked out pretty well and I have worn it out a few times on the town! photos below


Near the Pier on the Beach


Back of Dress...looking out to sea


Back of Dress in More Detail


Front of Dress in More Detail


All comments welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment